BBB INDUSTRIES PRIVACY STATEMENT
BBB Industries and its operating divisions and subsidiaries (collectively “BBB”, "We", "Us", or "The Company") provide this Privacy Statement to help you understand the Personal Data which may be collected about you through websites, applications or other means (“our Online Interfaces”), how we may use this data, and other related information.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
BBB collects the following types of information about you when you visit our Online Interfaces (collectively, "Personal Data") or through the offline means described above:
- If you visit our websites, we automatically collect your domain name and/or IP address;
- If you communicate with us by email, we collect your email address;
- If you seek employment with us and provide us with information through offline means, we collect information in connection with employment opportunities, through our online recruiting tool.
- Otherwise, Personal Data is only collected through Online Interfaces or via offline means if you voluntarily choose to provide it. Such Personal Data includes your name and/or that of your employer, title, address, telephone number, email address, language preference, as well as account or transaction information collected as part of our business relationship with you.
- We will generally not collect sensitive Personal Data unless allowed by law or with your affirmative consent.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
These are the ways that we may collect or create information about you.
- We may collect Personal Data directly from you through a variety of sources, such as telephone, email, our Online Interfaces (including the chat functionalities and contact forms) or our online advertisements.
- We may also collect Personal Data from public sources or third party data providers. If requested, we will inform you about where the Personal Data came from and if it came from publicly accessible sources.
HOW WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
BBB only retains your Personal Data for the minimum amount of time necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was collected.
For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, please contact us at email@example.com.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
BBB may use your Personal Data to serve you, improve our services, and fulfill the purpose for which you gave us your Personal Data, such as to carry out a transaction, communicate with you, and run our business operations. BBB relies on several legal bases, such as your consent or BBB’s legitimate interests, for using your Personal Data depending on the circumstances.
How we use your Personal Data may include:
- Carry out your requested transactions with us, such as processing orders, registering purchased products, handling warranty claims, and answering customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about your account or our relationship;
- Inform you of products or services available from BBB in which you may be interested;
- Send you surveys regarding your use of BBB products and services;
- Improve the usability of the Online Interfaces;
- Respond to or process a job application or inquiry;
- Run our business operations and manage our risks, including protecting the rights and property of BBB and others;
- Comply with legal requirements and internal policies, such as audit and security policies; and
- Improve our products and services.
BBB does not use your Personal Data with automated decision-making processes without human intervention.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
BBB may share your Personal Data with other BBB entities, including subsidiaries and affiliates or divisions. We do not share your Personal Data with third parties except in the following circumstances:
- We may share your Personal Data when we have your consent.
- We may share your Personal Data with third parties that carry out activities at our direction. These activities could include any of the processing activities that BBB carries out as described in the above sections, ‘HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA’ and ‘HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA.’ These third parties are contractually obliged to keep Personal Data protected and to limit its use only to the purposes for which your data was provided.
- We may share your Personal Data with a third party when it is reasonably necessary to comply with law, statute, rule, regulation, or professional standard, or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other legal request.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
BBB has put in place technical and organizational safeguards to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your Personal Data. We protect your Personal Data against unauthorized access, use or disclosure, using security technologies and procedures, such as encryption and access controls and limitations.
Safety and security of your Personal Data also depends on you where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Online Interfaces, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Online Interfaces. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Online Interfaces.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Data protection laws may provide you with certain rights regarding our processing of your Personal Data. Specifically, these laws may provide you the right to access and update your Personal Data, identify the categories of Personal Data shared, restrict our processing of your Personal Data, withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data (when applicable), and the right to have your data erased.
You may exercise any of these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to limit or deny your request if you have failed to provide sufficient information to verify your identity or to satisfy our legal and business requirements. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authorities if you believe your rights have been violated.
WHERE DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA?
In order to provide our Online Interfaces and related services to you, Personal Data may be transferred within BBB or to third parties who process the data on our behalf outside the country where you reside or are located, including the United States, India and other countries that may have a lower data protection level than the countries of the European Economic Area (EEA). However, Personal Data is transferred by us to another country only if it is required or permitted under applicable data protection law and provided that there are appropriate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Data.
To ensure your Personal Data is treated in accordance with this Privacy Statement, BBB uses Data Protection Agreements between BBB and all other recipients of your data that include, where applicable, the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission (the “Standard Contractual Clauses”). The European Commission has determined that the transfer of Personal Data pursuant to the Standard Contractual Clauses provides for an adequate level of protection of your Personal Data. Under these Standard Contractual Clauses, you have the same rights as if your data was not transferred to such third party. You may request a copy of the Data Protection Agreement by contacting us through the contact methods below.
Our Online Interfaces are intended for adults and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. Children under the age of 16 are prohibited from using or providing any information on our Online Interfaces. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under the age of 16, we will delete it. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com or through the contact information below.
HOW WE UPDATE THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Changes to this privacy statement may be made at any time and, if so, will be published through Online Interfaces.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or our use of your Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the information below. You can also contact management at the local BBB company serving you.
If you are based in the EEA, the data controller is:
BBB Industries Belgium SRL
having a place of business at Avenue Louise 489, Box 7 1050 Brussels Belgium
Attention: Privacy Office
If you are based outside of the EEA, the data controller is:
BBB Industries, LLC
having a place of business at 29627 Renaissance Blvd. Daphne, Alabama, 3632 USA
Attention: Privacy Office
Data privacy officers; Where required by law, we have appointed a data privacy officer per entity in which case, please contact the local BBB Industries entity directly if not either of the above.